Ms O'CONNOR (Denison - Leader of the Greens) –
Madam Speaker, it gives me great pleasure to present the Tasmanian Greens' fully...
Federal Budget 2016: Turnbull Government Climate Deniers
Parliamentary Activity - Wednesday, 4 May 2016
Wednesday 4 May 2016
Cassy O'Connor MP to move—
That the House:—
(1) Understands that climate change is the single biggest threat to humanity and to our nation’s prosperity.
(2) Notes that the role of government is to prepare a budget that cares for the needs of their community and set a nation up for the future.
(3) Acknowledges with deep regret that the Federal Treasurer Hon Scott Morrison MP not once mentioned the climate or the environment in his Budget speech.
(4) Notes that the Commonwealth Liberal Government continues to provide massive subsidies to the fossil fuel industry, ignoring the science on climate.
(5) Regrets that the Prime Minister, Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP has bowed to the climate deniers in his Party, walked away from his integral beliefs with his first Budget, failed to take up the climate challenge or to significantly invest in renewable energy or public transport, the future of our economy.
(6) Condemns the Turnbull Liberal Government for its complete failure to address the greatest challenge facing Australians, and the nation’s economy, global warming.