You are here
Hare-Clark Electoral System
Ms O’Connor to move—That the House:—
(1) Agrees that the Hare-Clark electoral system is the fairest, most representative and
democratic electoral system in the modern world.
(2) Notes that Hare-Clark has served Tasmania well since 1909.
(3) Further notes that Tasmanian Liberal Party members have voted to abolish Hare-Clark.
(4) Recognises this is because the system is too democratic for some.
(5) Rejects any move to abolish Hare-Clark as undemocratic and motivated by political self-interest alone. (15 November 2016)