You are here
Real Time Disclosure of Political Donations Needed Now
Parliamentary Activity - Tuesday, 13 September 2016
Cassy O'Connor MP to move—
That the House:—
(1) Agrees that voters should know which corporate interests are donating how much to which political party in the lead up to an election.
(2) Acknowledges electoral donation transparency is critical to the healthy functioning of democracy.
(3) Congratulates the Queensland State Government which is moving to real time electoral donation disclosure from February 2017 and the ACT Government which is also committed to real time donations’ disclosure.
(4) Notes the Tasmanian Greens' decision at their 2016 State Conference to go it alone on real time donation disclosure.
(5) Further notes that Senator Jacquie Lambie has implemented real time disclosure of donations.
(6) Supports the real time disclosure of electoral donations for all political parties and candidates in Tasmania.