That this House:
1. Acknowledges the contribution of the aquaculture industry to the Tasmanian economy, and the need to protect the future of the industry and our clean, green brand.
2. Notes the release of the Senate Inquiry Report Regulation of the fin-fish aquaculture industry in Tasmania on Friday 21 August which recommends greater transparency of planning decisions, public release of data and increased funding to improve the planning, monitoring and compliance of the sector.
3. Calls on the government to move aquaculture industry planning decisions under the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993.
4. Calls on the government to remove the Department of Primary Industries Parks Water and Environment as the industry regulator, to be replaced by the Environment Protection Authority and the LUPA Act.
5. Calls on the government to reverse the 2011 amendments to the Marine Farming Planning Act 1995 which removed the binding nature of determinations from the Marine Farming Planning Review Panel.