That the House:—
(1) Notes the State-wide Planning Provisions deletes the existing Environmental Living Zone and provides the option of properties either being re-zoned into a Landscape Conservation Zone or a Rural Living Zone.
(2) Understands that the minimum lot size for the Landscape Conservation Zone is 50ha, five times the size of the 10ha minimum of the existing Environmental Living Zones.
(3) Recognises that the Environmental Living Zone was created to protect important natural landscapes, and this large increase in minimum lot size for the Landscape Conservation Zone would prevent this protection being applied to parcels of land with environmental values smaller than 50ha.
(4) Acknowledges that the minimum lot size for the Rural Living Zone is 1ha, that its objectives and development controls do not protect environmental values, and that there is a six-fold increase up to 3,000m2 of land clearing permitted within it regardless of its biodiversity and conservation values.
(5) Understands that existing Environmental Living Zone properties will need to be rezoned with substantially different zone sizes and natural values protection, and that this is a matter of great concern to councils and land owners across the State.
(6) Calls on the Minister for Planning to listen to the united voice of the community and councils, and maintain the Environmental Living Zone with its existing minimum lot size and biodiversity protections.