Tuesday 13 September 2016
Andrea Dawkins MP to move—
That the House:—
(1) Recognises that Tasmania’s only current organic working dairy, Elgaar Farm, has recently been given the green light to begin production again.
(2) Acknowledges that Elgaar have had a tumultuous period over the past 2 years, whereby they were forced to cease production and engage in a difficult process in order to reopen.
(3) Further acknowledges that, as a result of such a long period of non-production, it will be well into September 2017 before Elgaar is able to supply the Hobart and Launceston markets with their well sought after organic products.
(4) Congratulates the owners and supporters of Elgaar on all their hard work and determination in getting the business up and running again through such a difficult period.
(5) Further congratulates Elgaar on their vision to enter other various farmers markets around the State and ensure Tasmanians receive a supply of organic dairy products.