Rosalie Woodruff MP to move—
That the House:—
(1) Notes that Tourism Tasmania and Australia Tourism’s major push for Tasmania in 2017 is the focus of “Coastal & Aquatic”, with a particular focus on the East Coast.
(2) Understands expensive and professional advertising has been produced that targets markets in the United States, Europe and especially Asia.
(3) Further notes that the key language used in the campaign will include “world class aquatic and coastal beauty”, “pristine wilderness”, and “amazing marine wildlife”.
(4) Acknowledges that our east coast ‘pristine wilderness’ and ‘coastal beauty’ are under tremendous pressure from the permitted developments that will be allowed under the State Planning Provisions of the Tasmanian Planning Scheme, including intensive land clearing and ribbon development along the coast.
(5) Further acknowledges that our east coast ‘pristine wilderness’ and ‘coastal beauty’, as well as preservation of its unique marine wildlife, are under tremendous risk from the proposed expansion of salmon farming onto the East Coast.
(6) Calls on the Premier, Hon. Will Hodgman MP, to halt the red carpet that is being laid out for developments at the expense of the environment of local character, and the clean green brand that is the basis for our tourism industry.