Cassy O'Connor MP to move—
That the House:—
(1) Recognises that investment in infrastructure is a key economic driver.
(2) Notes the lack of investment in Tasmanian infrastructure in the 2016/17 Federal Budget.
(3) Acknowledges that the Premier, Hon Will Hodgman MP and the Minister for Infrastructure, Hon Rene Hidding MP have been reduced to talking up old funding announcements and existing infrastructure allocations.
(4) Notes that the Prime Minister Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP has expressed interest and in principle support for the Hobart Light Rail but – like the Hodgman Liberal Government - has done nothing to progress it.
(5) Notes that without the State Government putting forward infrastructure proposals, Tasmania is likely to miss out on infrastructure projects that are essential for the State’s future economic and social prosperity.
(6) Condemns the Hodgman Liberal Government for not pursuing important opportunities for Tasmania, their failure to secure new infrastructure dollars and for their lack of vision.