That this House:
1. Notes that Fireworks Night that was held last weekend identified a number of issues with the issuing of Fireworks Permits;
2. Notes that under the current regulations neighbours, including wildlife sanctuaries, equestrian centres, kennels and other properties with livestock are only informed of fireworks permits after the permit has been issued;
3. Notes that fireworks can cause extreme panic in native and domestic animals causing them to flee, suffer injury trying to escape or abandon their young;
4. Agrees that the current process for granting fireworks permits does not provide adequate opportunities for potentially affected people and businesses to register objections before permits are granted; and,
5. Calls on the Government to review the way Fireworks Permits are issued to ensure that people can make representation to WorkSafe Tasmania before permits are issued.