That this House:
1. Recognises the contribution to the Australian Army of Lieutenant-General David Morrison, after his 36 years of service;
2. Commends the outgoing Chief of the Army for his crucial work in publicly criticising the culture of sexual harassment within the Australian armed forces;
3. Congratulates Lieutenant-General Morrison on his blistering viral YouTube video, where he stated emphatically that there was "no place" in the Australian Army for members who "exploit and demean" their colleagues, after it was revealed that dozens of soldiers had been distributing explicit emails denigrating women;
4. Acknowledges that a hero is often one who will stand up within their own ranks when it comes to combat;
5. Understands the title of 'hero' in this context may mean more for the Australian Defence Force, than it will for the people it protects; and
6. Reaffirms that it is a real man who can stand up for women and against their denigration, and that real men understand men and women are equal.