That this House:
1. Acknowledges the 916 full time positions that have been cut from the public service - the 158 teachers gone from our schools and the 337 health professionals now missing from our health system;
2. Notes with shame Treasurer Gutwein's false claims that Tasmania's healthy financial state is due to 'strong fiscal discipline' and the reduced spending on consumables;
3. Understands that there is a certainly a requirement to buy less stationery when there are 916 less people in government offices;
4. Recognises the financial reality of savings made by axing 1200 public sector workers over four years and the big, fat cheques coming in from extra GST revenue;
5. Notes that the Treasurer is rolling around in the Commonwealth rivers of gold, all while waiting lists for elective surgery and housing skyrocket and Tasmanians feel the pain of the public sector cuts; and
6. Calls on the Treasurer Gutwein to invest in the Tasmanian community, rather than counting his millions in the Treasury vault and dreaming of a spending splurge in the lead up to the next state election.