WEDNESDAY 6 APRIL 2016
Rosalie Woodruff On tomorrow to move—
That the House:—
(1) Notes that according to the Liberal’s Energy Supply Plan and recent public comments of the hapless Minister for Energy, Hon Matthew Groom MP, 100MW of diesel generation was installed and operational by the end of March 2016.
(2) Acknowledges that at 10am. on 6 April 2016 only 46MW of this 100MW was being used.
(3) Calls on the Minister for Energy to explain where the missing 53MW of his diesel generation is.
(4) Further notes that the Minister for Energy has also indicated the 58 MW Rolls Royce ‘Trent’ gas unit has been successfully reinstalled and is operating at full output with no concerns or issues.
(5) Understands that, if operating, the returned Trent unit should bring the Tamar Valley Power station’s operational gas generation output up to its full 386MW.
(6) Further acknowledges that, at 10am on 6 April 2016, only 320MW of the 386MW was being used.
(7) Further calls on the Minister for Energy to explain where the missing 66MW of his gas fired generation is.
(8) Recognises the Minister for Energy has steadfastly refused to acknowledge we are in a crisis or to ask people and businesses to drop their electricity usage, instead pointing to his Energy Supply Plan to show everything is under control.
(9) Further understands that, despite the assurances of the Minister for Energy, everything is not ok.
(10) Further acknowledges the Energy Supply Plan has not stopped the Hydro storage levels continuing to drop, and that their return to a safer level is reliant on many months of rain.
(11) Further recognises the Minister for Energy’s prayer may come true and it may ultimately rain, but that Russian roulette is no way to manage our state’s energy system.
(12) Further calls on the Minister for Energy to consider all the possible strategies for energy reduction in the state, including from government organisations, businesses and residential customers.