NOTICE OF MOTION
Rosalie Woodruff on tomorrow to move -
That this House:
1. Acknowledges the case of a 95 year old woman forced to lie on an Emergency Department floor without a bed for hours is tangible evidence of the terrible state of Tasmania’s public health system.
2. Understands that a national report card revealed that waiting times for elective surgery in Tasmania have been increasing steadily under this government, are far worse than other states, and less than 45% of patients are seen within 90 days.
3. Recognises that these examples of poor performance largely result from the government’s decision to slash more than $110 million out of the health budget, and to siphon off the $223 million of health-specific GST funds from the Commonwealth allocated to Tasmania this financial year to spend on our older and sicker population.
4. Agrees that this government’s policy of cutting jobs in the public service and focusing on individuals taking responsibility for their own health care is failing to deliver a brighter, healthier future for Tasmania.
5. Notes the ‘brighter future’ slogan has not provided the Government with the policy substance required to deal with the real world challenges of governing.