That the House -
(1) Notes that the removal of legislative time limits on claims for past sexual abuse is a key recommendation of the Royal Commission in to Institutionalised Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
(2) Notes that, to date, all jurisdictions with the exception of South Australia and Tasmania have implemented this Royal Commission recommendation;
(3) Notes the Limitation Amendment Bill 2017 passed the House of Assembly on 1 November, 2017 and the Legislative Council on 30 November, 2017;
(4) Notes that the Limitation Amendment Bill 2017 received Royal Assent on 20 December, 2017;
(5) Notes that the Limitation Amendment Bill 2017 has yet to be proclaimed;
(6) Acknowledges the pain and suffering this causes survivors of child sexual abuse;
(7) Calls on the Liberals to immediately proclaim the Limitation Amendment Bill 2017.