That this House:
1. Condemns the federal Liberal government for their inhumane asylum seeker policy, particularly their "turn back the boats" rhetoric;
2. Understands that the callous approach taken by the Liberal Party - and backed by the Labor Party - is much to the abhorrence of humanists Australia-wide;
3. Commends the work of the group 'Love Makes a Way' who include members of the Anglican, Baptist and Uniting churches as well as the Salvation Army;
4. Recognises that members of Love Makes a Way have been visiting the offices of Tasmanian federal representatives and holding silent prayer vigils for asylum seekers who have been placed in detention;
5. Notes that six members of Love Makes a Way were arrested and charged with trespass yesterday for holding a silent prayer vigil in the office of Liberal Senator David Bushby; and
6. Calls on members of the federal Liberal Government to dig deep and find their humanity on their asylum seeker policy, rather than punishing concerned citizens with criminal charges.