That this house:
- Notes that last week was Mental Health Week and applauds the health and community sector’s efforts in raising this as a national issue.
- Notes that almost half of us are affected by a mental illness at some point in our lives, with around 60,000 Tasmanians affected each year.
- Congratulates the government on recognising the need for a state-wide public mental health system with the Rethink Mental Health plan.
- Looks forward to seeing the detailed implementation plan to transform the plan into reality.
- Calls on the government to ensure enough funding is dedicated to services to make a real difference to those people experiencing mental illness.