Ms Dawkins to move—That the House:—
(1) Notes that 3 November 2016 marked the 10th anniversary of Music, Count Us In (MCUI), a virtual choir performed by more than 600,000 students from over 2000 schools around Australia.
(2) Congratulates Jay Lagal’aia, this year’s mentor, for another amazing year for MCUI, as well as all the Tasmanian schools and students involved in the virtual choir.
(3) Notes that over 2,000 school students from Hobart participated in this years’ virtual concert where students sang the same song, called ‘Let It Play’ written especially for the event, on the same time on the same day and set to Pachelbel Canon.
(4) Congratulates Music Australia for increasing the opportunity for participation in this music programme for all Australian students.
(5) Understand that digital platforms used in this way have the ability to connect people all over the country and increase community cohesion.
(6) Calls on the Minister for Education and Training, Hon. Jeremy Rockliff MP to continue to support Art and Music programmes for all Tasmanian students to ensure there is every opportunity to play and to create.
(16 November 2016)