That this house:
- Notes that in two of the past three years, Pathology Australia has donated $25 000 to the Tasmanian Branch of the Liberal Party and $27 200 in the most recent year.
- Further notes that Sonic Healthcare and its Tasmanian subsidiary Diagnostic Services contributed a further $36 500 and Healthscope donated $27 500 over the three years to mid-2014.
- Agrees that the private pathology industry has emerged among the biggest donors to the Liberal Party.
- Agrees that donations from private interests are made with the sole purpose of buying political influence.
- Asks what influence the significant donations to the Tasmanian Liberals have bought private pathology providers.