That this House:
1. Acknowledges that Tasmania is a warm-hearted and welcoming community;
2. Recognises the kindness shown by Tasmanians to the Kosovo refugees in the 1990s and more recently to our new arrivals and the Pontville asylum seekers;
3. Congratulates New South Wales for officially signing on to the federal Safe Haven Enterprise Scheme;
4. Applauds Liberal New South Wales Premier Baird for following in the footsteps of genuine Liberal leaders, like the late Malcolm Fraser, reaching out to help victims of conflict and persecution make new lives;
5. Understands that Tasmanian Government have also joined the conversation; and
6. Hopes that Premier Hodgman too can find his small 'l' Liberal conscience and explore the opportunity to expand Tasmania's reputation as a safe haven for refugees.