Andrea Dawkins MP to move—
That the House notes:—
- RSPCA Cupcake Day 2016, officially held on Monday 16 August 2016, aims to raise funds to assist with the costs of rescuing, treating, rehabilitating and sheltering the many abandoned and mistreated animals that come into their care each year;
- that Cupcake Day is an ideal opportunity for people across the community, from schools to corporate partners, to get involved and show their support for the invaluable work undertaken by the RSPCA;
- in 2016 the RSPCA Tas has launched its Cupcake Day Schools Challenge, giving students from participating primary schools the opportunity to get hands on with cooking, showing their support for animals in need and to compete against each other to raise further funds;
- hat with extra initiatives, such as the Schools Challenge, the RSPCA is hoping to raise over $40,000;
- that unfortunately, although now responsible for a variety of animal welfare functions, the RSPCA Tas receives less than 15% of its annual funding from the State Government and zero from the Federal Government; and
- that with responsibility increasing and funding stagnant, the RSPCA now relies heavily on donations and the generosity of the community to continue its invaluable work.