1. Notes that NRL team Paramatta launched its No More initiative at their game on the 17th May to raise awareness of violence against women;
2. Notes that at the game the players and fans linked arms to demand an end to family violence;
3. Notes that Paramatta is one of a number of NRL Clubs partnering with the No More and White Ribbon campaigns;
4. Notes that boys and young men look up to their sporting heroes and that sport is one of the most powerful mediums to send a message to men about family violence;
5. Notes that NRL Chief Operating Officer, Suzanne Young said “we have an obligation to use our voice to say that violence against women, in any of its forms, is unacceptable and will not be tolerated” and;
6. Calls on all sporting codes to use their reach and influence to drive attitudinal and behaviourial change in the community about violence against women.