Ms O’Connor to move—That the House:—
(1) Notes the release of the Bureau of Meteorology and CSIRO's "State of the Climate Report" for 2016.
(2) Acknowledges that the report notes extreme heat events have already increased in duration, frequency and intensity and it documents Tasmania's average temperature has already increased from half a degree since 1910, with parts of the East Coast having warmed a full degree.
(3) Recognises the Antarctic and Climate Ecosystems Cooperative Research Centre (ACE CRC) is celebrating its 25 year anniversary.
(4) Commends researchers at the ACE CRC on the critical work they have undertaken over the past 25 years, specifically their Climate Futures research which helps to model the impact of climate change on the community, emergency services and many in the business sector.
(5) Encourages all members to read ACE CRC's 'Science Highlights' publication to celebrate their 25 years.
(6) Notes the Liberal Government's Climate Change Strategy release has been delayed without any publicly stated reason.
(7) Calls on the Liberal Government - who are without a Minister for Climate Change - to start acknowledging the science, admitting the climate reality, begin mitigation and tackling the climate issues we face as a State.