Ms Woodruff to move—That the House:—
(1) Notes that the 2016 energy crisis cost Tasmania an estimated $126 million and highlighted how insecure the state’s energy supply is.
(2) Understands that the Liberals' only response to the crisis has been to participate in talk-fests, and to promise an energy-efficiency loan scheme that still isn’t functioning more than a year after the energy crisis commenced.
(3) Recognises that nearly half of Tasmania’s electricity in January 2017? was imported over Basslink, or generated by the costly Tamar Valley Gas Power Station, costing taxpayers approximately $15 million and showing how far we are from being selfsufficient in renewable electricity.
(4) Acknowledges the huge sum of money that's left the State and gone to purchasing dirty coal and gas electricity from companies on the mainland.
(5) Further understands that Tasmania has everything it needs, except political will, to become 100% self-sufficient and electricity secure every day, whatever the weather.
(6) Calls on the Liberals to commit to a target, backed by real actions, to make Tasmania 100% self-sufficient, 100% renewable, 100% of the time.