1. Notes Tasmania has more coastline per unit area than any other state in Australia.
2. Notes that about 80–90% of species of most marine groups are endemic to Tasmania, compared to only 10% of species in most groups in northern tropical waters.
3. Notes that only 1.1% of Tasmania’s immediate waters are within no-take marine protected areas.
4. Calls on the government to expand no-take zones within marine reserve areas based on scientific advice.
5. Calls on the government to improve the representativeness of Tasmania’s marine protected areas.