Cassy O'Connor MP to move—
That the House:—
(1) Notes the oft-stated commitment of Premier, Hon. Will Hodgman MP, to 'reset the relationship' with Tasmania's Aboriginal community.
(2) Acknowledges the rich cultural heritage in takayna/the Tarkine dates back tens of thousands of years and is of recognised global significance.
(3) Further notes the Liberals shamelessly cynical decision to reopen tracks in the Tarkine and allow off road vehicles back in to these sensitive archaeological sites.
(4) Understands the Liberals' decision to reopen the 4WD tracks along the Tarkine coast and then engage in a lengthy, taxpayer funded court process against the Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre flies in the face of 'resetting the relationship' with Aboriginal Tasmanians.
(5) Calls on the Premier to:—
(a) reveal the full cost of the Tarkine Tracks court case; and
(b) abandon the disrespectful and divisive legal farce he and his government have created.