That this House:
1. Notes that Threatened Species Day was marked on 7 September this year.
2. Calls on the government to update the state-wide strategy on threatened species which is now 15 years old.
3. Calls on the government to review all out-of-date recovery plans for the close to 640 plants and animals on our threatened species list.
4. Calls on the government to develop and release a timetable to prepare recovery plans for the animals and plants that do not currently have plans.
5. Calls on the government to provide increased funding to allow for management of threats to endangered species.
6. Calls on the government to enact regulatory and departmental changes needed to remove threats to our plants and animals.
7. Calls on the government to participate in the national swift parrot recovery team and other national efforts to protect the bird.