That this House:
1. Notes the Australian College of Nursing has launched the Community and Primary Health Care Nursing Week to celebrate the work of community-based health care from the 21st to 27th of September.
2. Acknowledges the essential work performed by nurses to help people recover from hospital care, to manage chronic conditions and prevent illness, especially in regional areas.
3. Acknowledges the cost savings to the health budget of investing in preventative health care for patients who would otherwise develop illnesses and complications that would require expensive hospital care.
4. Notes that Tasmanian community-based nurses are underfunded in a number of speciality areas including Hepatitis C, palliative care, aged care and mental health.
5. Calls on the government to increase funding to ensure Tasmania has enough community-based nurses to deliver care outside hospital settings.