That this House:
1. Notes that World Elder Abuse Awareness Day was held on the 15th of June and that Tasmania's Parliament House was bathed in purple light to raise awareness of the debilitating and damaging social malaise that is elder abuse;
2. Understands that elder abuse can take the shape of physical, social, financial, psychological or sexual abuse and can include mistreatment and neglect;
3. Recognises that elder abuse occurs every day in Tasmania, a state with the oldest and fastest aging population in Australia;
4. Acknowledges the former Labor/Green Government developed Tasmania's first Elder Abuse Prevention Strategy and that this important work is continuing under the Liberal Government; and
5. Encourages all Tasmanians to speak out against elder abuse and to look out for our older Tasmanians.