You are here
Covid-19 Pandemic Emergency Economic Recovery
Type of vote: Motion (Final Motion) - final vote
Moved by: Liberals
Wednesday, 16 September 2020
COVID-19 PANDEMIC EMRGENCY ECONOMIC RECOVERY – A Motion being made and the Question being proposed – That the House:
(1) Acknowledges that the COVID-19 pandemic emergency has had a significant effect on employment levels in Tasmania, but there is a cautious optimism in Tasmania right now and confidence is building.
(2) Notes that increased confidence is seeing jobs growth return, evidenced by the recent positive Australian Bureau of Statistics’ (ABS) labour force and payroll jobs data showing Tasmania had the highest monthly and fortnightly, respectively, employment growth in Australia.
(3) Further notes that in Tasmania, home loan numbers are up, more houses are being built, and retail trade is back at record levels.
(4) Further notes that Tasmania entered the pandemic from a position of economic strength, with a strong budget and balance sheet, and that this is helping our recovery.
(5) Further acknowledges that the positive jobs and economic data reported in recent weeks is good news for Tasmania as we cautiously step out of the COVID-19 pandemic emergency.