You are here
Electoral Donations Reform Paper
Type of vote: Motion (Amendment)
Moved by: Greens
Wednesday, 16 September 2020
|Greens, Labor||Liberals, Ogilvie|
An Amendment was proposed by Ms O’Connor by adding after “Parliament” in paragraph (5) “by no later than 22 September 2020.”
A Motion being made and the Question being proposed – That the House:
(1) Notes that on 3 May 2018, then Premier, Will Hodgman, announced that the Government would conduct a review into Tasmania’s Electoral Act.
(2) Further notes that an interim report was released in December 2018 which led to the 'Electoral Amendment Bill 2019' implementing several administrative changes to the Act.
(3) Further notes that the Government commissioned a second review and community consultation was held on the more substantive issues surrounding electoral donations laws.
(4) Understands the report from this consultation was received by Government in December 2019.
(5) Calls on the Attorney-General to release this report by tabling it in Parliament.