You are here
Jobs and Investment
Type of vote: Motion (Final Motion) - final vote
Moved by: Labor
Wednesday, 4 September 2019
|Labor||Greens, Hickey, Liberals|
That the House:—
(1) Condemns the Liberals and the Greens for failing to stand up for working people.
(2) Further condemns the Premier, Hon. Will Hodgman MP for breaking his promise to make Tasmania’s unemployment rate the best in the country – instead Tasmania has the worst jobless rate in the country.
(3) Notes the Liberals have done nothing in response to the loss of 5,100 full time jobs in the past year.
(4) Recognises Hon. Will Hodgman MP has no plan to protect jobs at Temco or diversify the economy by investing in new industries such as hydrogen generation.
(5) Further notes Hon. Will Hodgman MP has failed to invest in the Burnie Port.
(6) Agrees that when it comes to jobs, the Greens are just as bad as the Liberals.
(7) Further notes the hypocrisy of the Greens has held back jobs and investment in Tasmania for decades.
(8) Further notes that at the height of the forestry debate the Greens claimed tourism was the answer. Now tourism is the enemy.
(9) Further notes the Greens claim to support renewable energy but Bob Brown argued for the construction of a coal fired power station in the Fingal Valley and Senator Nick McKim famously described wind farms as “giant parrot blenders.”
(10) Agrees that only Labor can be trusted to fight for working people.