You are here
Motion of Want of Confidence in the Minister for Health 2018
Type of vote: Motion (Other)
Moved by: Labor
Thursday, 27 September 2018
Subject of Debate
A Motion being made and the Question being proposed that Ms White have leave to make a Motion without notice.
That the House has no confidence in the Minister for Health for the following reasons:—
(1) Despite five years of cover-ups, reports from independent consultants KPMG and RDME reveal the Minister for Health has systematically underfunded the Tasmanian health and hospital system.
(2) The Report shows that there is a $100 million black hole every year in Tasmanian hospital funding.
(3) The Report shows that despite increasing demand, the Minister for Health Hon. Michael Ferguson MP had a savings program to cut 100 full time jobs in 2017-18.
(4) The Report shows that although Tasmania has experienced significant growth in GST funding fom the Commonwealth, health spending has not increased in line with this.
(5) The Minister for Health, Hon. Michael Ferguson MP has failed as Minister for Health and the Tasmanian community are suffering.
Other - 27 Sep 2018 (Passed)
Motion to suspend so much of Standing Orders that would prevent the debate on the want of confidence motion.