You are here
Referral of Mr Brooks to Privileges Committee
Type of vote: Motion (Final Motion) - final vote
Moved by: Labor
Wednesday, 28 November 2018
That the House:
(1) Refers the Honourable Member for Braddon, Mr Brooks, to the Standing Committee of Privileges to consider and report whether the findings of the Report of the Integrity Commission No. 5 of 2018 constitute a breach of privileges or the Standing Orders of the House.
(2) The Privileges Committee be given the powers to consider matters of conduct and compliance with the Code of Ethical Conduct in Standing Order 2(d).
(3) That the Committee be given the power to send for persons and papers.
(4) That for the remainder of this Session, Standing Order 325 be amended as follows:-
(a) After “Privileges” insert “and Conduct”; and
(b) After “Privilege” insert “or the provisions of the Code of Ethical Conduct”.
(5) That the Committee report to the House by 12 March 2019.