You are here
Rountable Discussions With Health Professionals
Type of vote: Motion (Amendment)
Moved by: Liberals
Wednesday, 21 November 2018
|Hickey, Liberals||Greens, Labor|
Amendment proposed (Minister for Health) by leaving out paragraphs (3), (4) and (5) and inserting instead:
(3) Further notes that the Minister for Health, Hon Michael Ferguson MP, held public forums in Burnie, Devonport, Launceston and Hobart, from 22 October 2018 to 24 October 2018.
(4) Further notes that these forums were publicly advertised and well attended by health professionals and other stakeholder groups, but most importantly by members of Tasmanian public.
(5) Further notes the Government will continue this public engagement and hold public forums again in the second half of next year in all regions of Tasmania, with all Members of Parliament welcome, along with the Tasmanian community, and update will be provided to the House on the outcome of the forums.
That the House:—
(1) Notes that on 17 October 2018 the House unanimously passed a motion calling on the Premier, Hon. Will Hodgman MP to “include representatives from all sides of politics in state-wide roundtable discussions with health professionals, unions and stakeholder groups between now and the end of 2018.”
(2) Further notes that groups including the Australian Medical Association and the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation have supported the concept of all sides of politics working together to address the health crisis.
(3) Further notes that as of 20 November 2018 no dates had been set for the roundtables.
(4) Calls on the Premier to immediately provide the House with the details of when the roundtable meetings will occur.
(5) Orders the Premier to report to the House on the outcomes of the roundtables by 12 March, 2019.