You are here
Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Amendment Bill 2019
Type of vote: Bill (Amendment)
Moved by: Labor
Tuesday, 21 May 2019
|Greens, Labor||Hickey, Liberals|
New Clause A was brought up by Ms O’Byrne and read a First Time as follows:-
“(A) Review in Relation to Weekly Payments
After Section 69B by inserting the following new section: -
(1) In this section a review is to be conducted in relation to the weekly payment determined under Section 69 and the impact on workers of receiving less than 100% of the weekly payment after the first 26 weeks of the period of incapacity following the date of the initial incapacity.
(2) In this section a review means a review carried out by persons who:-
(a) In the Minister’s opinion are appropriately qualified for that task; and
(b) Include one or more persons who are not employees of the State or Commonwealth or of any agency of the State or Commonwealth.
(3) The Minister is to cause to be commenced by 30 June 2019 a review as to whether this Act should be amended to remove provisions relating to reduced weekly payments.
(4) The persons who carry out the review are to complete the review and give to the Minister a written report on the outcome of the review, as soon as practicable but in any case before 30 September 2020.
(5) The Minister is to cause a copy of the report to be tabled in each House of Parliament on or before 30 September 2020.”